Windows 10 blue screen: bad system config code 0xc0000225

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by FredyW, Sep 4, 2017.

1. FredyW

FredyW Bit poster

Hello
    When i try to start Windows 10 with VM i receive the following screen:
    Blue screen with this infos:
    Bad System config.Info.
    code: 0xc0000225
    the it restartbut always with the same screen
    Please help
    what i have to do?
    i already reinstalled the VM
    thank you

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

3. DavidK21

DavidK21 Bit poster

4. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @DavidK21 , then please restore Windows 10 from a backup that was taken before the issue had occurred or reinstall Windows virtual machine by following the steps provided at kb.parallels.com/4729.
    Thanks

5. MarkM23

MarkM23 Bit poster

I am completely at wits end... I didn't expect Parallels to wreck my Windows OS! PS: This is my WORK bootcamp and now I can't work! I get this blue screen and then I can't do anything.. I tried booting directly from the bootcamp OS (without using parallels) and it's clearly corrupted my Bootcamp windows OS! I didn't have this problem until I downloaded & installed Parallels and tried to start the bootcamp OS within parallels!

It seems you have a SERIOUS problem with your software corrupting the Windows 10 OS!

This is now the SECOND time I've given you guys a chance over VMWare and now I've been burned twice.. PLEASE help me recover this ASAP! I suppose I'm going to have to fight to get my money back too now that I'm basically unemployed because you've wrecked my system!?

6. jay7

jay7 Bit poster

it just destroyed my windows 10 too, it worked fine for months using bootcamp alone, downloaded parallels yesterday, corrupted my Windows OS, can't say for certain, but if im a betting man, parallels is to blame, seems as it was working fine. Not impressed

7. RobertD37

RobertD37 Bit poster

I have the same issue on a Windows 11 ppm copied to an external disk and then copied back to the same Mac. not sure how the article linked to here helps when you have a machine that won't boot at all, given it starts with going to start menu. I can get to command prompt from advanced recovery tools, but it I try chkdsk /f /r I get cannot lock current drive. Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.

8. AltaS

AltaS

I have the same or similar problem. Error code "Bad system config". Repeated re-installations have not solved the problem after wiping all windows apps. Sadly, I will have to let the parallels system go. I have no issues with any of the Mac OS apps.