Virtual machine to physical hardware

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AaronB5, May 24, 2017.

1. AaronB5

AaronB5 Bit poster

So i have a couple questions, and since one has to do with legality, i just wanna mention that this is just an idea i had. So i bought windows 10 to install through a virtual machine back when parallels first updated to it. I recently bought a used laptop with no OS recently and had the idea to move my virtual machine to my laptop instead of buying a new copy of windows 10. I dont think itd be illegal since im keeping ownership and not distributing it. so questions are:

1.) Is this possible?
    2.) Is this legal? i dont want to break the law so if not ill figure something else out.
    Im fairly proficient with computers, both software and hardware so i can work with many different skill levels, this is just something ive never heard of and couldnt find anything on google.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AaronB5, yes. It's possible to move a virtual machine from one Mac to another. Please check out this article to know how to move a virtual machine (.pvm) from one Mac to an another.

3. AaronB5

AaronB5 Bit poster

I think you mmisunderstood the question. the new computer is a pc with no OS. i want to take my VM and make it a primary OS on its own machine

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We understand your request now and like to inform you that is not possible. Your request is to move the OS installed in the virtualized environment to physical hardware. We don't have any tools to do it as there is nothing on the PC side to complete the transfer, only migrating a working Windows from a PC to virtualized environment is possible. If you wish to get all the applications on the VM to a PC then you can install the same OS in the PC and use a backup software or a clone software in the VM then restore it on the PC.