Transporter does nothing to Fusion VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by mwunder, Sep 26, 2009.

1. mwunder

mwunder Bit poster

Second try at getting this posted.

I am a long time Fusion user and wanted to give Parallels a try. I actually have had a copy for quite some time but never used it...came with a MacUpdate bundle that I was buying.

I downloaded newest build and followed instructions on how to use Transporter to import my Fusion 2.05 VM. I uninstalled VMware Tools and my antivirus software and then rebooted VM machine. After reboot I shut down Guest OS.

Started Transporter and selected my Fusion VM. The error popped up stating that no OS was found in the VM and if I wanted to make it a data file (or something like that). I continued and it said success...pretty fast. However, nothing was created in the destination folder. It is empty. I tried again with same result.

I have searched this forum and haven't found a good answer to my issue. I tried to call support but WOW they charge $29 even if you can't get the software to work as advertised. At least VMware gives you 90 days free so you can get help to get up and running.

So any suggestions? For all the hoopla Parallels claims about their product, this isn't convincing me.

System is running 10.5.8, 4 gigs of memory, MBP purchased in 07. VM is WinXP SP3.

2. mwunder

mwunder Bit poster

Still waiting for a resolution...

3. mwunder

mwunder Bit poster

WOW...great support and great product. Uninstalling!!!!