Parallels 8 running in Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by BillO1, Oct 4, 2016.

1. BillO1

BillO1 Bit poster

I have problems installing windows 7 in parallels 8 in Sierra. I am unable to connect to the internet. I get two error messages 1."Failed to open the Parallels networking module" and 2."unable to find the parallels driver for USB devices".
    with 1. i have tried Restoring defaults as suggested but without success.
    I am completely new to Windows have used i Mac for many years, can anyone please help solve my issue.
    Thank you

2. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Hello @BillO1
    Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac is not compatible with Mac OS Sierra and the product has reached the end of life. Please purchase Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac which is an optimized version of Mac OS Sierra.

3. BillO1

BillO1 Bit poster

Hi Dinesh thank you for your reply, will purchase version 12 as you suggest

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi BillO1,
    You can use this link and buy Parallels Desktop 12 at a discounted price specially for Parallels Desktop 8/9 users.
    Note: This offer is only for short period. If the offer is ended then you have buy full version of Parallels Desktop 12.

5. Nicklas

Nicklas Bit poster

Hello,
    i know i am a little late but i have the same problem i got Parallels 8 and want to update so that i can make the update to sierra.
    my problem is i bought the upgrade and the license didn´t work because the support told me that you only can skip 2 Versions with an Upgrade.
    So my question when i buy Parallels 12 how difficult is it to integrate my two windows Machines from Parallels 8 in Parallels 12?
    is it posibel without losing datas?
    thanks 4 your Help
    du-bi-dam

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Windows virtual machines and Parallels Desktop application are two separate components. Upgrading the Parallels application won't affect the virtual machines in any way.

7. Nicklas

Nicklas Bit poster

Hi Hemnath Thanks for you fast Answer.
    so did this mean that i can buy the new parallels 12 and than my virtuell Windows Maschines from my Parallels 8 will integrated in this after the installation?

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Yes, @Nicklas, you're correct! Please buy a full version of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac and continue to use your existing virtual machines.