'Open in Mac' Parallels 12, Visual Studio 2015, Windows 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SimonB5, May 5, 2017.

1. SimonB5

SimonB5 Bit poster

Hi, I'd really like to test my VS projects on my Mac browsers and I noticed in the toolbar for VS there is an option 'Open in Mac' (see screenshot below). Clicking this opens a browser in OSX but I get the error "Safari cannot connect to server: Safari can't open the page...because Safari can't connect to "localhost""

[​IMG]

I've tried looking for information elsewhere but only found snippets through unrelated third-party sources which suggest quite a lengthy process so I wanted to hear from you what your official recommendation is for this feature/outcome before I try anything that might potentially interfere with any integration that comes built in with Parallels 12/VS2015?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @SimonB5 , please resend the screen shot, so that we can check and assist you further.

3. TobyG1

TobyG1 Bit poster

Getting the same issue as the OP with "This site can't be reached" while trying to 'Open in Mac'.

Running Visual Studio 2017. Out of the box template for the ASP.NET website. Runs fine when I load into Microsoft Edge, but not sure how localhost works via Parallels.

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Files:

4. TobyG1

TobyG1 Bit poster

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @TobyG1, this issue might have occurred because host file was manually changed. Please check out this article to fix the issue and keep us posted the results.

6. TobyG1

TobyG1 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply. "127.0.0.1 localhost" exists and was not commented out.

Is there anything special I need to do to see the localhost server from Visual Studio that is running through Parallels?

7. SebastianW2

SebastianW2 Bit poster

I have the same issue. 'Open in Mac' does not work. Does it work with all network types? I use a shared network.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Try changing network mode to bridged and check.