macOS Sierra - graphics problems

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ManuelF3, Nov 26, 2017.

1. ManuelF3

ManuelF3 Bit poster

After a bit of a struggle, I was able to create a Sierra (10.12.6) VM on my MacBookPro running High Sierra.

The graphics for at least Chrome and Spotify are not working correctly. I get either strangely rendered pages (Chrome) or black areas (Spotify) making both applications unusable. I tried increasing the video RAM to 512MB and still no go.
    I have a MacBook Pro Early 2011 with High Sierra 10.13.1 and Parallels Version 13.2.0 (43213).

Can anyone help?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ManuelF3 , please try installing Parallels Tools by checking this article and check if that helps.

3. ManuelF3

ManuelF3 Bit poster

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling according to the link you sent and I still get the same symptoms.
    Any other suggestions?

4. ManuelF3

ManuelF3 Bit poster

Any recommendations? BTW, I tried setting up a VM in VMware Fusions and it seems to work fine.

5. ManuelF3

ManuelF3 Bit poster

Please provide an update.

6. ManuelF3

ManuelF3 Bit poster

I worked with support and this issue has no solution.
    Closing investigation.

7. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

8. ManuelF3

ManuelF3 Bit poster

I tried that though a previous email. Parallels technical support had a live interactive session with me and took control of my Mac to try some things. It was concluded that this issue cannot be fixed.

9. LeonidK2

LeonidK2 Bit poster

I have iMac Pro (10.13.4), and I install High Sierra on Parallels 13.3.0 (43321)

I have the same rendering issues with Chrome and Spotify.

10. BrianG15

BrianG15 Bit poster

I am having the same issues with Chrome and Opera. You would think someone from Parallels would be interested in at least figuring our what the issue is.

11. MarianD3

MarianD3 Bit poster

I have the same symptom, installed a Mac OS X (Mojave) guest in parallels. But some elements of graphic, such as tabs on Safari, Terminal, Chrome are flickering and not updating. Traces of the mouse shows when hovering over. I tried: reinstalling Parallels tools, changing resolutions, different options for graphic memory, and all combinations of settings available in Parallels -> Settings -> Hardware -> Graphics. Also tried reinstalling Mac OS Mojave, and then various combinations of settings in Mac -> Settings -> Accessibility. The issue seems to be related to the graphic card.

12. Could you please share more details about the issue, step-by-step instructions in order to reproduce issue on our side will be helpful.