How to transfer the content of a Windows virtual machine backup to a new Windows PC?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChrisC9, Apr 28, 2014.

1. ChrisC9

ChrisC9 Bit poster

Hi guys and girls,

How to transfer (migrate / Copy) the content of my existing Windows 8.1 Parallels 9 virtual machine backup to my brand new windows 8.1 PC?

I want to switch from Mac to PC, and I have saved my entire Itunes backup on my Windows 8.1 Parallels VM.

How can I extract all my saved backuped Itunes Data (or other Data) from my Parallels 9 VM (Windows 8.1 on Mac) to my new Windows 8.1 PC?

There must be more people than me who want to use their Windows 8.1 Parallels Backup to migrate it on to a real live new Windows 8.1 PC, and don't know how to do it.

I have the VM of my Parallels 9 (Windows 8.1) saved on an external disk, and want to use it on a new PC, or at least extract the Itunes Data and Favorites from it, to be able to use it on my new Windows 8.1 PC.

Or can I just clone the windows 8.1 VM to a new PC (NTFS) hard drive as my main Windows operating system?

I did not find any solution anywhere.

Can anybody help?

Thank you very much.

Chris.

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Because you mentioned cloning, cloning works exactly the same way as it would between two machines with different hardware. Same tools, same issues, same workarounds, just add the fact that you should uninstall Parallels Tools prior to cloning.