How to add Windows apps to Mac dock

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RobertW1, May 23, 2017.

1. RobertW1

RobertW1 Junior Member

I have WinXP running in Parallels 10 and Mac OSX 10.12.5
    When I first installed it all 3 years ago, I added some Windows apps to the Mac dock, and they've been running fine. But I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it! I've Googled, searched this forum (and found some answers that don't work), and tried everything I can think of.
    I want the icons to appear along with the usual Mac icons (mail, Safari, settings, launchpad, etc, etc) not to be on the right of the separator bar with folders and Trash.
    Cheers, all.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @RobertW1, are you not able to see Windows applications icon on Dock when Windows virtual machine is running in Coherence mode?

3. RobertW1

RobertW1 Junior Member

Tks @PaulChris@Parallels. The Windows apps that I put on the dock originally are still there, but I can't remember how to add new ones. And for some reason Coherence mode is now greyed out of the menu (and I've tried to find answers to that one too!).

4. RobertW1

RobertW1 Junior Member

Solved, tks.

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

You're welcome! Please let us know if you have any questions about the product and we are here to help!