Invisible Cursor

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by AmirH4, Apr 12, 2024.

1. AmirH4

AmirH4 Bit poster

Dear all, today i connected separate mouse and keyboard to my Kali virtual machine on my m1 pro macbook, the keyboard works fine, but the mouse cursor is invisible, it works completely normal and i can use the buttons, but the cursor is not visible, i tried reinstalling parallels tools, worked with settings both parallel's and Kali's, but the problem still exists.

2. brandons17

brandons17 Bit poster

It seems you're experiencing an issue with an invisible mouse cursor in your Kali Linux virtual machine on a MacBook with an M1 Pro chip.

In the virtual machine settings, switch the pointing device to "USB Tablet" instead of "PS/2 Mouse" as this has resolved similar issues for some users.

Since you've already tried reinstalling Parallels Tools, ensure that they are up to date and properly installed. Sometimes, reinstalling or updating Parallels Tools can resolve cursor visibility issues.

On your Mac, go to Apple logo > System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Cursor and slightly move the Cursor size slider to the right. Note that this may cause performance degradation or visual artifacts due to technical limitations imposed by macOS.

Ensure that there are no conflicts with other software that might be affecting the cursor's visibility. This can include third-party mouse drivers or software that modifies the cursor's appearance.

Remember to back up your virtual machine before making any significant changes to avoid data loss. I hope one of these solutions helps resolve the invisible cursor issue on your Kali virtual machine.