how to disable secure boot in windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SriramM, Sep 8, 2023.

1. SriramM

SriramM Bit poster

hello

i am using Macbook pro running ventura 13.5 , using parralles desktop for mac with windows 11. i need to test with some apps and drivers. i need to disable secure boot. i enter the settings at startup, i cant change enable to disable. Attempt secure boot cant be changed. please help me how to change it

TimB30 likes this.
  2. TimB30

TimB30 Bit poster

I have same problem

3. RobertoB15

RobertoB15 Bit poster

I've the same problem.

4. PedroG10

PedroG10 Bit poster

I have the same problem, any update on this ?

5. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello!
    To disable Secure Boot, perform the steps below:
    1. Shut down the virtual machine (Actions > Shut down).
    2. Open its preferences as per https://kb.parallels.com/117287 > Hardware > Boot Order > Advanced Settings.
    3. Paste the following system flag:
    vm.efi.secureboot=0
    4. Start the virtual machine.

Larbac likes this.
  6. Larbac

Larbac Bit poster

Thank you. This worked. This disabled secure boot in Win11 and let me run kdnet.

Mikhail Ushakov likes this.
  7. LeRoi

LeRoi Member

2. Open CONFIGURE
    Select Hardware > Boot Order > Advanced Settings.
    You can save a bit of time by shutting down the virtual machine, open Control Center, right click on the machine you want to change. Select Configure and then follow the above steps. You will need your Security Recovery Key which you can find at aka.ms/myrecoverykey. When the VM restarts, you will need to input the recovery key to activate Secure Boot.

8. ArturoA3

ArturoA3

I followed the steps but I can't change the Secure Boot State to disabled, it's stays grey not letting me change it.

9. ArturoA3

ArturoA3

Also I don't have the same "boot" menu as the others, other people mention "tabs" but I just have a small window with 3 different options, when I get to the "secure boot configuration" I can't change the state of the secure boot, it's fixed on "enabled"