Your recommendation for Hardware Requirement when i use more Paralells Desktop's at one Machine

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ChristianP5, May 28, 2017.

1. ChristianP5

ChristianP5 Bit poster

Hi,
    I will use Parallels Desktop for MacPro and use more (5-10) Parallels Desktop at the same time.

But before, now i will buy a new MacPro 6.1. (and run several (5-10) Parallels Desktop at the same time on this one Machine).

I'm ready to invest high money into my new Mac Pro 6.1. and for this I have the following question:
    - Where should I consider the configuration / investment of my new MacPro6.1 to run several Parallels Desktop on the same Machine ?
    Is the number of processor cores more important (quad, 6, 8, 12 cores) than the size of the RAM or should I better invest in RAM (16GB or 32GB, 64GB)? Or is CPU speed(Mhz) important?
    - or do I need both: many processor cores and lots of RAM?
    Of course it's important, which applications run on the Parallels Desktop's but my question is concerning to use Parallels Desktops on one Machine:
    - Which components are actually the most stressful when I run several (5-10) Parallels Desktop's on one Machine (CPU Speed, CPU cores, RAM, GPU, SSD)?
    - Where do you think I should focus the investment
    Thank you for your answer, and then, i would buy and use more Parallels Desktop's :-D.
    Kind regards
    Christian

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi ChristianP5,
    You can only install a version of Parallels Desktop on a Mac. If you wish to run multiple virtual machines, yes you can.
    1. There is no need to make any changes to run multiple virtual machines.
    2. Yes, the number of cores and RAM is also important if you wish to run multiple virtual machines.
    3. If you have more RAM it will help with the performance.
    4. You have to get RAM and CPU cores based on number virtual machines you are going to run.