"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello DanielS17, please check your private message and provide us with the necessary details.Thanks!

2. JeremyH4

JeremyH4 Bit poster

I'm trying to migrate from an older Macbook from a new one. Same problem as everyone else here. I've deactivated the license on my old MacBook, deleted the application, but I am still getting the error on my new MacBook (Time Machine restore) "Unable to confirm the product license". Can you please fix my activation code? Please PM if you need additional information. Thank you

3. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JeremyH4 , We have made necessary changes to the activation key, please reattempt activation and check if it works.
    Thanks

4. JeremyH4

JeremyH4 Bit poster

Looks like I am in, thank you

5. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @JeremyH4, you're welcome. We are always here to help.
    Thanks

6. ShinN1

ShinN1 Bit poster

I too have a same issue for Parallels Desktop 11. Please help.

7. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @ShinN1 We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. Thanks, Shathish

8. SimoM

SimoM Bit poster

Hello,
    I also have an issue deactivating the renewable license. I get the same error after executing `prlsrvctl deactivate-license`:
    Failed to deactivate the license: Unable to deactivate the product. Your type of license cannot be deactivated.

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are unable to locate the activation key you are trying to deactivate. Please check our private message and reply to it with the key to check.

10. AnneS4

AnneS4 Bit poster

Same problem: old Mac died, can't activate on new Mac. PLEASE help!
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

11. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @AnneS4 , We have made the necessary changes, please try to activate now. Thanks

12. AnneS4

AnneS4 Bit poster

THANK YOU!!! It's working now. I GREATLY appreciate your very quick reply, too.

13. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!

14. CoreyP1

CoreyP1 Bit poster

I'm encountering a similar problem. I am an owner of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, but haven't used the product in a while. I tried today to open it again on the same and only laptop I've ever used it on, but am encountering an error code that reads "Unable to confirm product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license." However, I have never used this license on any other account. Can you please clarify why this is happening?

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

16. LawrenceJ2

LawrenceJ2 Bit poster

Hi, my mac HDD crashed and after reloading im getting maximum activation error..

Please assist me..

17. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello LawrenceJ2, please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.Thanks!

18. YiqinS

YiqinS Bit poster

I bought Parallels Desktop for Mac 11. Just got a new MBP and trying to move Parallels Desktop from old mac to new one. I logout on the old mac and tried to activate on new mac. But got the error "You have reached the maximum number of activations...". Need help here.

19. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello YiqinS, We have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

20. YiqinS

YiqinS Bit poster

Thanks, Meena! I activated successfully now!