"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. MikeL10

MikeL10 Bit poster

I have two parallels 11 licenses and need to reinstall them on another Mac. The previous Macs have all been wiped. Parallels won't let me install. Is there a way to deactivate the licenses on my old machines?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MikeL10 , we have made the necessary changes from our end. Please try to activate now and let us know if it works.

3. Sezu

Sezu Bit poster

Same issue here. I'm a software engineer and recently switched computers because my original wouldn't boot up. I didn't have the chance to follow the steps to remove the subscription from the older computer. Please assist.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again and check.

5. IvanK4

IvanK4 Bit poster

Same deal here. Haven't used Parallels for a long time, installed, had tried to activate, but it's reached activation limit. Maybe it's a sign I should stick with vmware? 8)

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @IvanK4, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate with the same key. Thanks!

7. RaymondG1

RaymondG1 Bit poster

My old Mac died and I just purchased a new Mac. I could not log out of the old one as it's not accessible and cannot active the new installation as it indicates that I have reached the max number of activations and I must purchase another copy. Is it possible to reset the activations on your side?

8. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @RaymondG1. We have made some changes to the license key. Please re-attempt the activation now.

9. JuanJ2

JuanJ2 Bit poster

I have Parallels 10 I have change Mac and it is not working. I need to use it this afternoon, what should I do to use this new Mac with my Parallels 10?

10. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JuanJ2. We have sent you a private message. Please check it and respond.

11. BennyB1

BennyB1 Bit poster

Hi,

I seem to have a similar problem, bought a new mac and tried activating my copy of Parallels 10, but it says I reached the maximum limit of activations.
    Would appreciate any help!
    Thanks

12. Arun@Parallels

Hi @BennyB1 , we have made the necessary changes. Please open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

BennyB1 likes this.
  13. JamesE2

JamesE2 Bit poster

I'm having the exact same problem trying to migrate my Parallels 11 for Desktop from my old to temporary Mac.
    Error message:
    "Unable to confirm the product license."
    Can the Parallels Support team please help?

14. Arun@Parallels

Hi @JamesE2 , we have made the necessary changes. Please try to activate now and let us know if that works.

15. FUCKY1

FUCKY1 Bit poster

You just robbed me off 2 hours of my lifetime and probably another 2 years for the stress caused!

It is really ridiculous that after a time machine restore to a new mac one cant use his license. But then not to have a straight forward way to transfer the license is even more ridiculous! Your support documents also fail to address this issue and are more than misleading.

I develop software myself and know how hard it is to get this kind of stuff right including support. But this just got me enraged. A 42-page thread on the issue and not even a mention in the KB not to mention a much needed patch :(

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi FUCKY1,
    we are unable to find the activation key with the email you've used to register this forum account. Please reply to the private message with the activation key to help you further.

17. MARCINM2

MARCINM2 Bit poster

Hello, I have the same problem. New MacBook Air and the license is not working. Please help.

18. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MARCINM2 We have made the necessary changes, please go ahead and try to activate the Parallels Desktop using the same key using this terminal command "
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online" (Open Finder > Application > Utility > Terminal) and execute the command.

19. FUCKY1

FUCKY1 Bit poster

I have provided the key via PM - should it work now?

20. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @FUCKY1 We have sent you a private message, please send the activation key.