"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @YONGC2, we have made few changes in the key settings, please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate the product and let us know how it works.

2. PeteM2

PeteM2 Bit poster

Well guys, if you thought working for a company that has purchased multiple parallels licenses would get you adequate support just look at my experience, it doesn't.

YONG2 gets a new Mac and posts that he can't activate parallels and gets a response after waiting a day, I post the same request 2 HOURS after him and it has now been over 2 days..... still nothing.

Apparently reseting his license key left them far too exhausted to reset another one, or they reached their goal of providing support to one person for the week.

It's becoming clear why they failed to provide an update to Parallels 10 providing the ability to inactivate your own key, and why they have 40 pages regarding this one issue on this thread alone.

Who doesn't love getting new hardware, only to have to wait days to be able to use the software you already own?

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @PeteM2, you can restart Parallels Desktop and activate with the same license key on your new Mac. If the issue persists, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works. Thanks!

4. haydn

haydn Bit poster

Hi

I have same problem, just formatted old mac and restored onto new mac and cannot use parallels. please assist.

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @haydn, please provide the license key in the private message and we will help!

6. DHS

DHS Bit poster

Hello I am trying to activate my Parallels on a new computer I have bought and am not able to because the activation windows states that I have reached my limit on activations. I am no longer using the Parallels on the iMac it was originally installed. I need to activate it on this computer. Can to license be reset so I can activate it on this computer? Thanks for responding. DHS

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @DHS. Please quit Parallels Desktop now. Then, open Terminal (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal.app). Inside the Terminal window, enter the command 'prlsrvctl activate-license-online' (without the quotes) and hit 'Return'. Wait till the operation completes. Then, close Terminal and re-attempt the activation.

8. Justin_D

Justin_D Bit poster

Hi, I'm having the same issue, want to move Parallels Desktop 10 from my MacBook Pro to new iMac but getting "Unable to confirm the product license - You have reached the number of activations available.."

What do I need to do to transfer the license?

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @Justin_Dolezy, we have made few changes in the key settings. Please reactivate with the same license key and If the issue persists, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works. Thanks!

10. Justin_D

Justin_D Bit poster

Many thanks, the command line did the trick!

11. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Justin_Dolezy , you are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

12. BernhardR1

BernhardR1 Bit poster

Hello, I've the same issue. Activation does not work - even the terminal solution doesn't work.

Want to move Parallels Desktop 11 from to a new mac, but getting "Unable to confirm the product license - You have reached the number of activations available.."

Can you please help me - its very urgent.

13. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @BernhardR1, we have made few changes in the key settings, please reactivate with the same license key and keep us posted the results. Thanks!

14. BernhardR1

BernhardR1 Bit poster

Thank you very much - now it works! Great support!

15. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @BernhardR1 , you are welcome. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

16. MarkT8

MarkT8 Bit poster

I have the same issue. I have uninstalled Parallels 10 on my older Mac and installed on new MacBook Pro. When trying to activate on new Mac I get "Unable to confirm the product license - You have reached the number of activations available.." message. Please advise

17. SoftMailM

SoftMailM Bit poster

+1
    I've tryed reinstall Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac on new Macbook Pro.
    After enetering the key, I see the message "...You have reached the number of activations available.."

18. LY_1

LY_1 Bit poster

Hi Parallels Support - I have the same problems also. Kindly advise how I can resolve this issue urgently - many thanks.

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again.

SoftMailM likes this.