"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello DeeD, we have reset your Parallels Desktop license key. Please activate it now and let us know how it goes.

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello jamjar36, we have reset your Parallels Desktop 10 license key. Please activate it now and keep us posted.

3. ArielGe

ArielGe Bit poster

Thanks. Unfortunately, I am still getting the same error

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi ArielGe, we've made few changes in the key settings, please restart Parallels Desktop to reactivate the product with the same key. If the issue persists, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works. Thanks!

5. Received your reply and glad to know that the issue has been successfully resolved.

6. ArielGe

ArielGe Bit poster

The terminal command worked. Thank you!

7. Thanks a lot for sharing your results!

8. jamjar36

jamjar36 Junior Member

With all the problems doing this sort of move, Parallels NEEDS an uninstall method that really works. Every PD Knowledgebase uninstall instruction merely says to drag the application to the trash, delete and restart. However, this does not reset the Parallels database which will NOT accept a move to another computer until someone at Parallels Support does a reset. If there is anyone on the forum that has figured out the proper method that actually works, Please post for all to see.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  9. DeeD

DeeD Bit poster

Thanks Swati. So far so good.

10. jamjar36

jamjar36 Junior Member

It still doesn't work!

11. PaulChristopher@Parallels

You are welcome! Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!

12. PaulChristopher@Parallels

If you would like to use your Parallels Desktop for Mac license on a new Mac, you should sign out of the account the license is registered under on the Mac you don't need anymore. However, this articel applies to Parallels Desktop Pro edition and 11 and 12 standard edition, not for version 10. On Parallels Desktop 10, if the activation issue persists, please open Terminal end execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online and let us know how it works. Thanks!

13. jamjar36

jamjar36 Junior Member

Paulchris
    The terminal command worked.
    Thank You

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  14. IvorW

IvorW Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem with moving my Parallels Desktop 11 license to my new Mac - how do I deactivate the license on the old computer? I have signed out of the old computer and trashed the application as per KB and reinstalled on new computer but to no avail. Same 'maximum' message appears each time. Can you reset mine please? Thanks

PS Should I just use the terminal command listed in an above message or wait for your action?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  15. IvorW

IvorW Bit poster

I attempted to use the prlsrvctl activate-license-online command in Terminal and obtained the following message:-

Last login: Wed Mar 8 23:43:36 on console

Ivors-Super-Mac-Mini:~ NewIvor$ prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. Please activate the product first.

16. Thanks a lot for sharing the results!

17. Hi, we've reset your key, please try to activate it again and check the issue.

18. Michael22

Michael22 Bit poster

Hi!

Could you please reset my license? It won't deactivate on my old Mac and activate on my new one.

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, please try to activate again.

20. DanielF3

DanielF3 Bit poster

Same here, reached activation limit for my Parallels Desktop 10 license. won't activate the old installations anymore