"Your Product Activation Key Reached Its Activation Limit..."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gamesurgeon, May 14, 2014.

1. FiftyTwoSouth

FiftyTwoSouth Bit poster

Hello,

I have the same problem. Had the logic board replaced on my iMac and upon trying to reinstall Parallels, I got the message, "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."

Anything you can do to help?

Thank you!

2. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

Hello, we have made few changes to your Parallels Desktop 11 activation key. Please try activating it once again and let us know how it goes.

3. FiftyTwoSouth

FiftyTwoSouth Bit poster

Worked perfectly. Many, many thanks!

4. Swati@Parallels

Swati@Parallels

You are most welcome. Reach us out if you have any questions in future.

5. JohnH20

JohnH20 Bit poster

Same issue here, except I didn't change hardware or reinstall. The only thing that changed was my laptop was upgraded to Sierra, which I'm guessing somehow counts as a "new license" (even though it is the same machine).

I have both a Mac Pro desktop and Macbook Pro laptop. I've had Parallels desktop 9, 10 and 11 installed on both for as long as I can remember (though not at the same time, obviously). I very rarely use PD on my laptop, but I install it as a convenience on the off chance that I might need access to Windows while traveling. If I had to guess, I'd say I've launchd PD on my laptop maybe twice in the past year or two.

Today I launched PD on my Mac Pro and was greeted by the "Active Parallels Desktop" window. I entered my paid/valid license key, was informed "This license is already in use. ...", clicked "Activate on This Mac" only to end up with the "Unable to confirm the produce license" prompt. So, add me to the queue of people that require a support representative to fix the issue so they can get back to work.

For what it's worth, I did not know about the "1 purchase = 1 license = 1 machine" EULA nor had I ever experienced issues in the past. I knew one purchase did not equal *limitless* installations, but most software vendors today accept that one person may use multiple devices so they allow for multiple installations (e.g. Microsoft Office allows for 2 installations: 1 desktop, 1 laptop). Parallels licensing terms seems rather draconian to me, but that's their choice. Next time I'm debating between paying to upgrade Parallels Desktop vs. switching to VMWare Fusion (better licensing terms) or VirtualBox (free), I'll take this into consideration.

MichaelE likes this.
  6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made necessary changes, try to activate again. Refer to our licensing policy.

7. FredericO

FredericO Bit poster

Hello,

Same issue here, my previous mac was dead. I have a a new mac and a cannot activate the product with the same licence key.
    Please contact me, the licence is handle by a business account for my company (related to my email).

PS: i have only 3 days of trial left...
    Thanks

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hello FredericO,
    As you have a Business account, you can deactivate the license under your account from old Mac and use it on the new Mac.

9. FredericO

FredericO Bit poster

Hello,
    It's ok, the business account have deactivate my licence.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  10. Mark.T

Mark.T Bit poster

Same as everyone else...
    Parallels 9 activation issue as I need to move from one laptop to another and there seems to be no way to de-activate on one before moving to the other.
    I have a permanent license

11. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi,
    We have reset the activation limit. Plz try to activate & keep us posted.

12. Mark.T

Mark.T Bit poster

Thank you. Sorted

13. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Sounds great! Feel free to reach us for further assistance, we're here to help you.

14. jamjar36

jamjar36 Junior Member

Parallels 9 activation issue as I have moved from one laptop to another. The old laptop has been scrubbed and sold.
    I get the message that I have used the activation.
    I have a permanent license.
    Can you reset my activation so I can use the software on the new laptop?
    I'm also running MacOS Sierra.
    Thank you

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  15. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

We have made few changes to your Parallels Desktop 11 activation key. Please try activating it once again and let us know how it goes.

16. HectorT1

HectorT1 Bit poster

I had to change the logic board of my Macbook Pro and has the same message, I bought the 8 and upgrade to 10 and neither works, what can I do fix this, I really think you guys need to have something to check the ID of the computer and let us unregister a computer to put the license into another. Do you want me to send you the recipes?

17. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have made changes to the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

18. MiikkaU

MiikkaU Bit poster

Hi,

I am facing similar problems as the previous posters and couldn't find any other solutions by googling so...

I just upgraded to a new 2017 MBP as my computer died and I'm getting the following error when re-installing parallels:

After installing Parallels 11 on my new MBP: I chose to sign out of Parallels on my old MBP (couldn't deactivate from the previous computer, as it's not working anymore), with clicking "Activate on this Mac". Then I get a message that says "Unable to confirm the product license. You have reached the maximum number of activations...".

Command line trick didn't do anything either, message I got says:
    Failed to activate the license: Unable to confirm the product license. Please activate the product first.

Could someone please help me get me license reset?

19. jamjar36

jamjar36 Junior Member

I found the following quote from KB 116527 article while working on the problem in my post #715 just a few posts above in this thread.
    I think this works on PD 10 and later.

Please note that when you move Parallels Desktop to another computer, the registration of your activation key remains the same. After you start Parallels Desktop it will prompt you to register your key or log in to your existing Parallels account. Select log in to an existing account, enter the login information for your account with the registered key.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  20. jamjar36

jamjar36 Junior Member

Thank You for the reset. It worked great with no problems activating the software.