XP Not Booting in Parallels 5

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by VaughanC, Nov 17, 2009.

1. VaughanC

VaughanC Bit poster

Hi,

I recently updated to version 5 and have found after 3 support tickets and several hours of trying to fix I still have the same problem...

When I go to start Parallels 5 and select My Virtual Machine with XP then Parallels 5 Freezes at the point of a black window BUT I can hear XP start Up chimes in the background.. I then have to Force Quit the application as it does not respond...

I have tried everything support has said to fix but nothing changes..... I can get into my Virtual machine sometimes by launching a Windows Application from the Windows Folder on my Dock (Does not work all the time)

I am Force Quiting all the time it has also blown my Time Machine settings and Time Machine was backing up my complete system 14.3 GB every hour till I realized and stopped it.

Anyone have a answer as its been 5 days and I wish I had not upgraded as 4 was slower but it worked

Please Help ????

2. europe_fm

europe_fm Bit poster

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

3. europe_fm

europe_fm Bit poster

XP Not Booting in Parallels 5
    Hi,
    I have the same problem and 3 support posts. I've been handed off from one person to the next and still cannot fix the problem. The initial screen come us when I click XP, I then "click to start" the spin of death spins three times then parallels freezes up. I force a quit then the weird happens. Although Parallels is terminated over the speakers I hear the the XP welcome music. If I start parallels again then more weirdness. XP windows is now booted although I had terminated Parallels previously.

I've been handed off to three different people (see below) and now I get the equivalent of the 1990's helpdesk version , "reformat your hard drive." They said reinstall my OS!

I recently updated to version 5 and have found after 3 support tickets and several hours of trying to fix I still have the same problem...

When I go to start Parallels 5 and select My Virtual Machine with XP then Parallels 5 Freezes at the point of a black window BUT I can hear XP start Up chimes in the background.. I then have to Force Quit the application as it does not respond...

I have tried everything support has said to fix but nothing changes..... I can get into my Virtual machine sometimes by launching a Windows Application from the Windows Folder on my Dock (Does not work all the time)

I am Force Quiting all the time it has also blown my Time Machine settings and Time Machine was backing up my complete system 14.3 GB every hour till I realized and stopped it.

Anyone have a answer as its been 5 days and I wish I had not upgraded as 4 was slower but it worked

Please Help ????

4. VaughanC

VaughanC Bit poster

Just been uphgraded to second level engineers

5. jthmn

jthmn Bit poster

I am having the same issue. Now I can't run XP at all. Blue Screen of death. Its great!

6. VaughanC

VaughanC Bit poster

Try Booting By launching A Windows App

Hey Try sharing your windows apps with mac so windows folder is in the dock..

Then launch like adobe 9 or another app. This bypasses any start up screen and takes you straight to coheirance mode in your virtual machine...

I am still waiting for Parallels to provide an answer but thankfully can use windows apps this way ..