wrong support code

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MarekS1, Aug 15, 2015.

1. pmdf

pmdf Bit poster

I have the same issue - I'm trying to submit a support request but am getting "Wrong support code", despite the fact it's been pre-filled for me.

2. MarkC18

MarkC18 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. Any help?

3. Hey, do you have the license key for Parallels Desktop? (Could you please send it to me via the private message?)
    I've checked your account and didn't find it.

4. Are you using the Parallels Desktop 10? or may be you have license key for 11 or 12 version?
    Also please check more info about "wrong support code" and Support eligibility at http://kb.parallels.com/6571

5. MarkC18

MarkC18 Bit poster

I have a license for Parallels 11. It shows me as logged in and registered. Getting frustrated as I cannot find how to send you a private message either. I'm assuming I cannot because I'm not registered?

6. I've sent you a private message, please reply me with the support-code

7. ScottD2

ScottD2 Bit poster

This is ridiculous. I have the same problem. I have a Parallels 10 license. Parallels just crashed, dumped, reported the problem and reminded me of my support number. Yet, I'm not going to get a response to this problem unless I manually submit a request. So, here I am, trying to do that, and I'm being told "wrong support code".
    When I first tried to report this via the forum, I found that my account wasn't verified. I verified it (so I can now post this), and retried the submission of the report just in case. Same failure.
    I'll say it again. This is ridiculous. And a waste of my time and yours. From this thread it appears that it's been going on for 1.5 years. I guess you just don't consider the ability to get satisfactory support a high priority.

8. MarkC18

MarkC18 Bit poster

Yeah Scott, I had to give up after not receiving any more responses from these guys. Really unfortunate and I ended up wasting my money.

9. ScottD2

ScottD2 Bit poster

@MarkC18, so where are you now? I'd like to try jumping to VMWare, but really both companies have pulled back investment in desktop. Seems they've saturated the market and can't find a way to profit from it anymore. So I'm not sure I can expect anything better. I'll more likely just dump my last Windows apps from my MacBook and go back to doing Windows dev tasks on my old desktop. Virtualbox looks like the only virtualization solution worth keeping on the Mac now, and that only for Linux.

10. MarkC18

MarkC18 Bit poster

I just put everything on boot camp. It honestly works better. The negative is that you have to restart to go into the different OS's but I'm willing to deal with that. I work in a lot of CAD software and development apps so I just stay in boot camp. I wish parallels could fix this simple issue but I'm not holding my breath.

11. NickK3

NickK3 Bit poster

Hello, I have the same problem. I really need help and I am getting told Wrong support code when I try send an email support request.

12. toms11

toms11 Bit poster

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We found that you have Parallels Desktop 11 under your account. Free email support for Parallels Desktop 11 ended on August 19, 2017 that is the reason you are getting the alert support code expired.

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We cannot find any active products under your account that is the reason you are getting support code expired alert.

15. NickK3

NickK3 Bit poster

I thought support lasted for two years after the purchase?
    I have been a paying customer for several years and this is the first time I have ever asked for support.
    Are you saying you will not help me? after I've spent all this money with your company?
    I would really appreciate getting this sorted out ASAP.

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Two years of email support is from the date of product release not from the date of purchase. Refer to this article for more details.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  17. NickK3

NickK3 Bit poster

Well this is very disappointing. Will you help me with this if I buy a new version 13?

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can share your issue on forum which will not require a support code. If you wish to get phone or email support then you can buy Parallels Desktop 13.

19. NickK3

NickK3 Bit poster

So are you saying that I will be able to restore my existing virtual machine (with your help) to a version 13 if I purchase one?

20. BramD

BramD Bit poster

I also have this problem, very annoying.