Windows image restore to Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Hristo, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Hristo

Hristo Bit poster

Hello,
    Been trying to resolve this for a few days with no success. Here's the short story:
    - I worked on Windows 7 desktop machine in an office;
    - I worked on iMac machine at home;
    Just moved country (actually continent) and took a 1) Windows image backup of my office machine and 2) back up of my iMac - both on separate external hard drives. Got a new iMac in the new home and managed to restore my 2) back up of the home iMac. Also got installed Parallels and created a Windows 7 virtual machine. But I am struggling to restore the 1) Windows image back of my office machine onto the virtual machine on the iMac.
    Is this even possible? Any reading materials that can help me out? Basically, I want my Windows image backup on the virtual machine on the iMac. That way I have the iMac and some essential Windows 7 stuff I had on the desktop machine in my office.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Hristo. Please explain what sort of backup this is exactly (e.g., Acronis?).

3. Hristo

Hristo Bit poster

It is a back up from the Backup and Restore application that goes with the Windows system.

4. Please refer the steps from this article and check if it helps.