Windows could not complete the installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NilsP, Sep 21, 2017.

1. NilsP

NilsP Bit poster

After "installing" windows 10, but during the "getting ready" screen (black screen with blue logo) I get the message:
    "Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation"
    I am running windows 10 on parallels Version 13.0.1 (42947) on a iMac running OS Sierra.
    I have tried to restart the installation several times. I have purchased Windows 10 directly from windows. I have tried both downloading from Windows, and downloading through parallels desktop.

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello NilsP,

Please create a empty virtual machine without OS and mount the Windows 10 ISO image file

Please follow the steps provided at http://kb.parallels.com/121578 upto step 7 and then select Choose image file and select Windows 10 ISO image file that you have downloaded and start Windows and proceed with the installation .

Thanks
    Alfena

3. JensK5

JensK5 Bit poster

Hi there. I've tried to follow the steps above, but when I go to harddrive and mount the .iso file it says that it is not in the right format and therefore cant run. Have you experienced this?

4. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

5. JensK5

JensK5 Bit poster

Hi Alfena.

I've tried to download from the link you've sent, but it is like when I create the empty VM and try to mount the .iso file it is not the right format. It want's a .hdd format instead.

6. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

With an ISO image file, you can only install Windows. To install Windows virtual machine, please follow as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/4729 and see if this helps. Thanks!