Windows 10 VDI via html5

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by MarkM20, Jul 15, 2017.

1. MarkM20

MarkM20 Bit poster

I currently have a 4 guest windows 10 pool operating fine on RAS 15.5. The 4 clients can access their windows 10 vm just fine from the parallels client. Problem is, they can't access from the web portal. They get the error, "Disable TLS and Network Level Authentication (NLA) on the RDP server and try again".

I'm familiar with how to disable NLA on both servers and client OSs and have done so an both the 2012r2 gateway/publishing agent AND each of the Win10 guests. No joy. I don't know what disable TLS means, but TLS 1.0 IS disabled on everything involved.

Anybody have any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

2. jpc

jpc Pro

The error message seems to indicate that the client wants to use the "RDP Level Encryption" instead of SSL or NLA. Are you using the "Web Portal" or the "HTML5 Gateway"?

3. MarkM20

MarkM20 Bit poster

The HTML 5 gateway.

4. jpc

jpc Pro

@MarkM20 SSL and NLA based connections are supported from v16.0 onward. If you can upgrade to v16.0, then I would suggest you do so.
    Otherwise, if you prefer to stick to v15.5, you will have to either:
    • if you want to use pure HTML5, reduce the encryption level to "RDP Level" (on Windows 10, via GPO),
    • if you can bear installing the native client on each client computer (this can be automated), you can change the HTML5 options on the server-side to "Launch apps with Parallels Client"