Windows 10 task bar size

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by JeremyL2, Sep 12, 2017.

1. JeremyL2

JeremyL2 Bit poster

I run windows 10 in coherence mode all the time. I have put the task bar on the side for connivence, because my Mac dock is at the bottom. I like my windows bar on the side so I can easily access either one whenever I need to. The problem is that the task bar runs from one edge of the screen to the other (top to bottom) and goes under the top title bar for MacOS (where you can select the apple, of the app preferences and other options). I would like it to only go to the bottom of the title bar so that it is not covered up by that. This would make it far more visually appealing and easier to access all the features. This is really important and I would really like to see this fixed ASAP. A screenshot of the problem has been uploaded to help you understand.

Attached Files:

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello @JeremyL2, please go to Mac system preferences > Display > on Display Tab > Change the resolution radio button to Default for Display. And also try installing Parallels Tools(Start Windows and click on Actions(On the Mac menu bar) > Reinstall Parallels Tools) Please check if this helps. Thanks, Meena.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  3. JeremyL2

JeremyL2 Bit poster

I tried both of these options and nothing changed, the issue is still there. I had this problem on my old Mac that was running Parallels 12, and I was hoping that would be fixed in 13, But when I installed it on my new Mac the problem was still there.
    Also for clarity I am running this on the MacBook Pro 2017, and my old one was running on a MacBook Air 2013. My system is up to date running the most current macOS Sierra, and Parallels is up to date.