Windows 10 Takeover

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by CharlesV1, Nov 15, 2017.

1. CharlesV1

CharlesV1 Bit poster

Hi, i need some immediate help. I Just want to run Mac OSX11 at this time, but every link pressed or website I try to go to starts Parallels and then Windows 10 automatically. I have Parallels 10 with the computer originally, but I think i upgraded to Version 11 and i am running Mac Os High Sierra. This is INCREDIBLY frustratating! Can anyone give me a definitive stop to the madness!

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @CharlesV1 , Parallels Desktop 11 is not fully compatible with Mac OS High Sierra and please refer http://kb.parallels.com/123276 to find out the system requirements of Parallels Desktop 11 and the supported Guest OS.
    Thanks

3. CharlesV1

CharlesV1 Bit poster

I understand the compatibility issues, but my problem was not actually addressed. So how can I keep Parallels Desktop and Windows 10 from automatically starting when all I want to do is use Chrome through Mac OSX 11? I'd prefer not to delete Parallels entriely. Can anyone help?

4. lorein

lorein Member

Very true Alfena@Parallels, it is best to first check for the system retirements and than try updating your operating system.