Windows 10 installation from USB

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RichardJ7, Feb 9, 2017.

1. RichardJ7

RichardJ7 Bit poster

Installation process of windows 10 from a USB drive is taking more than 2hours....and still not yet installed
    Still showing parallels wizard screen with an install windows box...

2. Hi, did you use this KB for the installation?
    Or may be getting any errors during the installation?

3. JeffL5

JeffL5 Bit poster

I appear to be having the sam issue. I have been through all of the steps listed for installation of Windows 10 The last screen "Installing Windows" completes all 5 steps then automatically goes to a black screen with the windows box. Sets here spinning and goes no farther... Even let it run overnight... Nothing ...

4. JeffL5

JeffL5 Bit poster

Did you get the issue resolved ?

5. PaulM14

PaulM14 Bit poster

Brand new, out of the box iMac, 27", 24GB RAM, Sierra 10.12.3, 1TB Fusion drive; first install of Parallels 12.1.3 trying to install brand new Win 10 Pro from USB. Parallels Wizard (blank black screenZ) spins for hours. Control Center will open, but only spins. Very frustrating. Parallels 7 on my 2009 MacPro was a breeze and still runs Win 7 Pro, and is rock solid. Parallels Team: we followed the installation KB, but still need help!

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi JeffL5,
    We suggest you to disconnect the USB from the Mac then select Installation > Continue Manually after that reset the virtual machine using Actions > Reset and check.

7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

PaulM14 likes this.
  8. PaulM14

PaulM14 Bit poster

Ajith, the ISO download worked and installation took less than 15mins. Thank you for the suggestion. I do wonder why the USB installation option is available to users if it doesn't work. I purchased the USB of Win10 to save me from having to download the ISO since I saw installation via USB was a feature of Parallels12. Win10 on USB cost me more than just purchasing a license. So I am disappointed in that way; however, all seems to work now. Thank you.

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are happy to hear that you have created Windows 10 VM using ISO file. The issue you were facing with USB can be resolved by disconnecting the USB from the Mac and then selecting Installation > Continue Manually after that reset the virtual machine using Actions > Reset but if you use an ISO there is no need to follow these steps for completing the installation.