Windows 10 installation failed on new MacBook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SaeedB, Feb 27, 2017.

1. SaeedB

SaeedB Bit poster

Hi,

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on my new MacBook Pro Retina (2016, macOS Sierra) via Parallels Desktop 12.1.3 (41532). However, as soon as the installation wizard wants to reboot the Windows a blue screen appears with the following message: " Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart ....if you'd like know more you can serch online latter for this eror. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Any idea how to fix this?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Hi, please try to untick "express installation" and check.

3. PerJ1

PerJ1 Bit poster

I have the exact same problem on one MacBook Air and two iMac.
    The configuration is as follow:
    MacBook Air 13" Early 2015 with osx 10.11.6 and Parallels 12.1.3 (41532) Windows 10
    iMac 21.5" 4K Late 2015 with osx 10.12.2 and Parallels 12.1.3 (41532) Windows 10
    I have tested standard installation and express installation, with the same result. A blue screen with the text " Your PC ran into a problem and needs......" and error code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

/Per

4. Hi, did you try this solution?

5. PerJ1

PerJ1 Bit poster

That did not solv my problem. The crash occurs early in the installation process of windows 10. Directly after the first reboot in the installation process.
    This happens on three different macs. The macs are brand new, directly out of the box.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi, probably this blog could help to install Windows 10 on your Mac using Parallels Desktop.

7. ArnoudK

ArnoudK Bit poster

I have the same issue after updating to build 15063 (fast ring)
    It seems when i boot in safe mode and remove display driver, for the next reboot.

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi @ArnoudK, please share the screenshot of the error and we are here to help!

9. ArnoudK

ArnoudK Bit poster

Here it is..

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Hi ArnoudK, the issue is under investigation by the Parallels Desktop Engineering team. Please subscribe to this article to receive an update on the progress.

11. ArnoudK

ArnoudK Bit poster

I just updated to the latest release and can confirm everything works fine again! Thanks!

12. Karthik@Parallels

Karthik@Parallels Member

Glad to know about that, @ArnoudK reach out to us for further assistance with Parallels.