Windows 10 Install Issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by DaveW5, Aug 8, 2016.

1. DaveW5

DaveW5 Bit poster

Good day,
    I've been attempting to install Parallels Access in Windows 10 Pro on my ThinkPad W520. The install seems to complete, but Parallels Access itself never opens. There's no icon in the system tray, and clicking on the shortcut for Parallels Access doesn't open the program. At the most, sometimes, the icon will quickly appear in the system tray, and then immediately disappear. The Parallels system service is running and so are a couple of processes related to Parallels Access; however I cannot get the initial login window to open or otherwise sign-in/utilize the program. No issues like this on my other Windows 10 computers. I even reset/reinstalled Windows 10, removing all of my customizations and other installed programs; but no luck, the same exact issue occurred after the fresh install.

Any ideas as to what may be going on? Appreciate your help!

--DW

2. DustinHullett

DustinHullett Product Expert

what version of access do you have? The newest one? Also are you an administrator on your windows machine? Thanks

3. DaveW5

DaveW5 Bit poster

Hi Dustin,
    Thanks so much for the response and my apologies for the delay in providing an answer. I can confirm that the newest version is the one which was downloaded and I do have admin rights on my machine.

--Dave

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Try to install latest version of Parallels Access and check if the issue persists or not.