Windows 10 32bit vs 64bit?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DehriC, Nov 17, 2017.

1. DehriC

DehriC Bit poster

I am using a software for work that runs smoothly on a 4GB memory PC. Just got a MacBook Pro 3.1 ghz i5 and 8gb memory. I will assign 4GB of memory to my virtual machine and I am not sure if I should use a 32bit or 64 bit windows 10. Any ideas?

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

If your application is not 64 bit, then you can use Windows 32 bit. No reason to assign more than 2 GB for Windows 32 bit in the virtual machine.

3. WorthR

WorthR Junior Member

I have a well-running Windows 10 32-bit running in Parallels Desktop 13 for mac. I would like to set up a corresponding 64-bit Windows 10 VM, to eventually migrate applications from 32-bit, but during transition I want to be able to use both. Can I do that with my one existing Windows 10 license, or do I need to obtain a second license? What is the migration process? I currently have my 32-bit VM on a USB-3 128gb Sandisk Flash Drive, with Parallels installed on MacBook Air 512gb SSD. I would plan to obtain a second 128gb flash drive, and install the 64-bit VM on it. I would never intend to have both VMs running at the same time.

Guidance?