Win app menu bar and os x menu bar

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DanielD4, Mar 15, 2017.

1. DanielD4

DanielD4 Bit poster

How to make the windows application menu bar to apear on OS X menu bar when using coherence mode? Parallels show in os x menu bar only few menus odf the windows app (file, edit and view). A want the hole menu bar of the windows application in the os x menu bar. Is there a way?

2. Hi, please use the following steps:
    1. Enter Coherence mode
    2. On the top Mac menu bar find the Parallels icon and click on it -> choose view -> Show Windows taskbar

3. DanielD4

DanielD4 Bit poster

What i want is not the windows task bar, but the application menu bar. Like any os x app, i want the application menu to apear on os x menu bar.

4. You can also try this KB
    Please let us know if it's not that case.

5. DanielD4

DanielD4 Bit poster

what I is show the red menu on the blue menu (see pictures) Explorer.png

Solid.png

6. DanielD4

DanielD4 Bit poster

I want to show the red menu (application menu) on the blue menu (macOS menu bar)

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @DanielD4, please start your virtual machine in Coherence mode, click inside that application to see the red menu (application menu) on the blue menu (MacOS menu bar).

8. DanielD4

DanielD4 Bit poster

Yes, my windows is in coherence mode. The screenshots are mine. But I don't have the full functionality, for exemple, that the solidworks menu have (red menu). The question is if I can have the full red menu of solidworks (with the sub menus) on the macOS menu bar.

9. @DanielD4 do you have this issue only with the solidworks? Or with other apps too?

10. DanielD4

DanielD4 Bit poster

Not only with solidworks. Parallels does not show the application menu on the macOS menu. Parallels only shows the application name and some common tasks on the macOS menu bar. See the difference when i open a native macOS app, like excel. Excel show its full menu (file, edit, view, format, tools, data...) on the macOS menu bar. Sem Título.png

11. Could you please provide us with the problem report? You can generate it using this KB article.

12. Chris Law

Chris Law Bit poster

Hi, was there ever an answer here? Is this expected behaviour - for the menu bar from Windows apps not to be fully represented in the Mac's menu bar in Coherence mode? Or should it be there? I'll fill out a technical report if it is supposed to work like that. It would be really cool if it could work that way. Surely it could be built into Parallels Tools on the Windows side. Or maybe it's a Windows ARM limitation?

13. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Kindly provide us with the below information for further troubleshooting:
    1. Detailed explanation, with all steps by steps followed, to reproduce the issue(with screenshots).
    2. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thanks