Will there eventually be a "New VM from Boot Camp" capability with High Sierra APFS?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KenV54, Sep 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. KenV54

KenV54 Member

As in the header, I can no longer make a new Boot Camp VM or a new freestanding VM from Boot Camp with Windows 10.

I knew this feature would not be available before I installed the HS public beta on my Mac, so I knew to create a freestanding VM from BC before migrating to Parallels 13 and High Sierra. This could be a real problem for someone who hadn't read the Parallels documentation.

Is it likely that this will be fixed at some point, or is it impossible, since an APFS partition can't communicate with BC. (Although if this is the case, I don't understand why a BC VM made under Sierra still works.)

ArtemS1 and MikhailT1 like this.
  2. AJR

AJR Bit poster

Its fixed in version 13.1
    had the same issue. Can confirm it works now.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @KenV54, we released a new update Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Update 1 (13.1.0-43108) and this update addresses this issue. To check for updates, click on the Parallels Desktop menu on Mac menu bar and select Check for Updates: http://kb.parallels.com/124262

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AJR, yes! You are correct! we released a new update Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Update 1 (13.1.0-43108) and this update addresses this issue.

5. KenV54

KenV54 Member

Thanks! Yes, it's working for me now.

6. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @KenV54 , you're welcome. We are always here to help.
    Thanks