Where are my captured pics?

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by ThomasH8, Jul 2, 2017.

1. ThomasH8

ThomasH8 Member

Idon´t find my captured pics, the terminal gives the information as follows:

~ Thomas$ defaults read com.apple.screencapture location 2017-07-02 16:14:59.491 defaults[954:751321]
    The domain/default pair of (com.apple.screencapture, location) does not exist

Any help appreciated, thanks.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ThomasH8 , the screen shots captured will be saved in your Mac desktop.

3. ThomasH8

ThomasH8 Member

Nope.

4. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi Thomas, this output is usual, I have the same on my Mac, but the screenshots are saved on the Desktop successfully.
    To specify any desired location use the command:
    $ defaults write com.apple.screencapture location ~/Desktop
    $ killall SystemUIServer

If even after specifying the Desktop, screenshots are not visible on the Desktop, please:
    1. Check the contents of the folder using $ ls -la ~/Desktop - if the files are visible in Terminal, but not in Finder, probably you need to restart Hide Desktop tool (enable and disable the tool).
    2. Check if Desktop folder is shared with Dropbox or OneDrive, this might be also the reason.

5. ThomasH8

ThomasH8 Member

Thanks for the reply.
    The above commands do not change anything. The folder Desktop is not shared with my dropbox.
    However, I found that the pics are copied to my dropbox anyway, Weird. I cannot remember to define that path (but I must had done it).

Problem solved, thanks.