VM network settings reverting to "Shared Network" after host sleep

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Francois, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Francois

Francois Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm on MacOS Sierra running a Win10 vm.
    I setup the Lan settings for that vm to be in "Bridged Network" with the "Default Adapter" and that works perfectly until the Mac goes in sleep mode / standby.
    As soon as it gets back on, the vm network settings are reverted to "Shared Network" witch doesn't work for me...
    Is there any reason for that behaviour or any way to avoid it or force Bridged mode or just completely remove Shared Network option and Host-Only for that specific vm available options ?

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 8.21.11 AM.png

2. Karthik@Parallels

Karthik@Parallels Member

Hello Francois,
    You can try removing and re-adding the network component. Shut-down the virtual machine > Access configuration > Hardware > Remove the network component by selecting it (Network 1) and re-add it by using the ( +|- ). Try to force the Mac to sleep and check if the network source switches to 'Shared Network'.

Francois likes this.
  3. Francois

Francois Bit poster

So far so good !
    Any idea how I could make it to work with my mac vpn software ? (I use tunnelblick openvpn) ?
    Would it be better to install the software solution directly in the vm?
    Thanks again !

4. Karthik@Parallels

Karthik@Parallels Member

Glad to know that it's going well.
    With regards to the VPN, you can install a Windows variant but you will need to make sure that the network source is set to Bridged Network >Default adapter.