Visual Studio 2017 not compatible with the VMDebughelper

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ReneB3, Nov 17, 2017.

1. ReneB3

ReneB3 Bit poster

I have a windows 10 pro with visual studio 2017 installed. When I try to install the VMDebughelper i get the following message see attached image.

I have installed it regardless of the message only it doesn't work

Attached Files:

2. DenisO

DenisO Parallels Developers

I checked VMDebugHelper on Visual Studio 2017 (Community edition) and see same warning message on installation, but after all setup steps it fully worked.
    Make sure all conditions are met:
    • The virtual machine with Visual Studio and other virtual machines must belong to the same pool of IP addresses, or just configured to use the shared network.
    • The virtual machine with Visual Studio and other virtual machines must have same platform (x86 or x64).
    • All virtual machines must have Parallels Tools installed.
    • The virtual machine with Visual Studio must have the Access Windows folders from Mac option selected.
    • Other virtual machines must have the Share Folders: All disks option selected.
    • The user accounts logged in to the virtual machines in which you're going to test your project must have both username and password and you must know them.