Video recording too fast

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by gcg, Aug 4, 2017.

1. gcg

gcg Junior Member

I use the Record Screen tool from the toolbox, and lately, all of the videos are being recorded at about double speed. The interesting part is that the length showing in the player is right (i.e. 4 minutes), yet the video goes through in about 2 minutes.

This happens on Macbook Pro, Sierra OS.

I wonder about how to troubleshoot this.

Thank you

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @gcg , just to confirm are all the tools in toolbox working correctly? Please try to uninstall and reinstall Toolbox and check if that works.

3. gcg

gcg Junior Member

Hi Arun,
    Thanks for reply. I did not use all of them, but what I did, it worked correctly (except video now). I already tried reinstalling, and it was ok at the beginning, but now every video is about twice the real speed. I tried recording different windows, same double speed behavior.

And to add: sound is ok. So video goes too fast, sound is right.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  4. Arun@Parallels

Hi @gcg , can you please try playing the video in a different video player and check.

5. gcg

gcg Junior Member

Tried in QuickTime Player, iMovie, and VLC. Same when I upload it to YouTube - too fast, sound ok.

6. Arun@Parallels

Hi @gcg , please generate a problem report id and send it us. We will check and assist you further. Please check this article to know how to generate a problem report ID.

7. gcg

gcg Junior Member

Sent. ID 204275305

8. gcg

gcg Junior Member

Hi,
    Just wanted to confirm that with the latest update, the problem went away, that is, videos are being recorded at the normal speed. But... The videos now now choppy, seems like the fps or similar is way too low. I noticed, that my videos, being over 1GB before, are now half size (around 500MB). The picture is crisp, but object movement is not as smooth as it should be.
    Thanks

P.S.
    I just checked on FPS, 12.8 which is way too low. It should pick FPS from the original source. I.e. I need it at up to 60 FPS. That was not a problem with previous version. I see that videos recorded with the pre 2.x version were at 30 FPS which is a minimum for smooth recording.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  9. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

gcg, thanks for information. Engineering team is investigating this issue.