v13 is laggy running Windows 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DennisT4, Jan 3, 2018.

1. DennisT4

DennisT4 Junior Member

Hi there,

Does anyone have a solution to making v13 to speed up running Windows 10? I updated recently and I found Windows really lagging.
    Moving a mouse between windows looks like I am trying to do a remote control via the VPN across the net, using some old Citrix link. Whereas just operating on OSX, everything moves quickly.

I appreciate that the virtual environment will slow down the usage slightly, but not as a dragging lag?!!

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

3. DennisT4

DennisT4 Junior Member

I have followed all the points in the KB file and most of the information it showed was what I had anyway.

I have been running the systems as shown and I still find Windows side laggy.

It could be simply the video memory struggles as it also has to feed 1 external monitor. That said, even when I just use the MacBook on its own, the mouse is trailing slightly.

Sometimes when I am trying to move the mouse and click, the click is actioned before the mouse has reached the point where I would want to click, so the wrong item is actually selected.

In short, it is working worse than when I was running Parallels 11.

4. James Minnihan

James Minnihan Member

Yes, the mouse action is extremely messed up in Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac when used in Full Screen on two or more monitors. In fact it drags windows (when not clicked) and activates the Mac Notification Center tray on the right side of the screen for no reason whatsoever.