Upgrade of PMM

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management Feature Suggestions' started by FredrikR1, Dec 23, 2016.

1. FredrikR1

FredrikR1 Junior Member

Hello,
    It would be good if PMM could save all settings done including proxy so when updating to newer version we do not have to find all the account and other details (like encrypted registry key).
    Proxy settings should be configured outside of the services registry path's so it can be used by all services with single configuration.

RyanM20, scottk6 and LeviS1 like this.
  2. Yury Averkiev

Yury Averkiev Program Manager Member

Hi Fredrik, we do plan to completely revamp PMM installer. We wanted to do it for quite some time now. Hopefully the new installer will materialize in 2017.

FredrikR1 likes this.
  3. LeviS1

LeviS1 Bit poster

When I initially installed PMM I didn't include Netboot. Later I decided to add it and when I go into Programs and Features, it only gives me the option to "Uninstall". The setup routine should allow to add/remove components without having to do a full uninstall/reinstall.

4. Yury Averkiev

Yury Averkiev Program Manager Member

Hi, plan to include new installer that include Update and in-place Upgrade option in the v7

5. DTEI

DTEI Bit poster

hello, We have just been starting with PMM and the first upgrade is a fact now to 8.1.3 But i also find it strange that every time an upgrade is done you have to set the config settings. I am reading that this was under consideration in 2016?? Could this still be considerd as a upgrade feature? Save the config settings? Would reallty appreciate this. I did sent a support request about it but the answer of Parallels was not really what we hoped for. The awnser was just NO...not possible, is just how it works.