Unsupported VDI

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by guesswho, Aug 31, 2011.

1. guesswho

guesswho Guest

I am currently in the process of adding a VDI Host. I can successfully search for and connect to my host agent. Before i add the host the agent status displays "2X VDI Agent installed." However whenever i try to add the VDI to the farm i get the following error.

[00000003] - The selected virtualisation technology type is not supported on the current host
    Are you sure you want to add <hostname>?

Agent state then changes to "unsupported". If i uncheck the check box to remove from the farm agents goes back to ok. (Greeen tick)

I am using Oracle virtual box version 4.0.0 r69151. The host OS is running windows vista 32 bit
    I have also tried with Oracle VirtualBox version 3.2.0 but still having the same issues.

I have looked on the supported VDI hypervisors list and both version a supposedly supported.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Ramesh Mandala likes this.
  2. rozenberg

rozenberg Member

Hi there,

Did you tried to run vBox v4 on another OS like Windows XP or better on server OS Windows 2003/2008?
    Could you open a support ticket for reproducing?

Kind regards.

3. guesswho

guesswho Guest

I am unable to try this on another OS. I was able to resolve this issue however. If i use user credentials that is a local administrator on the host i can add the host fine. If however the user is a domain user also in the administrator group then i am unable to add the VDI Host.

4. Ramesh Mandala

Ramesh Mandala Junior Member

Even I got the same error while adding the Esxi6.0 to Parallels RAS 15.5 with Virtual Appliance. VDI Config Error2.PNG

5. Ramesh Mandala

Ramesh Mandala Junior Member

To mix my issue, When you are adding Vcenter as a VDI host please use SSO username Like administrator@vsphere.local and While adding a single Esxi host specify the root credentials of it.

jpc likes this.