Under the impression...

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by KeithS2, Jul 8, 2017.

1. KeithS2

KeithS2 Bit poster

When I bought my Parallels Desktop for Mac, I was under the impression that there was no time limit on the version you downloaded when you bought the one-time product (licensing) key (much like buying a software), but you had to pay to upgrade. Now I see in my account that the I will not be able to use it after May of 2018.

Thanks

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We checked your account and confirmed that the purchase you have made was Parallels Desktop Standard 1 year subscription but not a permanent license.

3. KeithS2

KeithS2 Bit poster

Thanks for taking the time to look.... So the prices are different between permanent and yearly licensing?

4. MikeW1

MikeW1 Bit poster

So just to clarify, because it wasn't clear when I purchased this either, we can't use it with no updates after the subscription expires? That doesn't seem right to me. We spent more for the version that we don't get to keep? I was under the impression we just weren't eligible for updates beyond our subscription date, but we could still use the tool.

Thank you for clarifying. I expected to try out your new model, but I didn't think it would abandon me and hold me hostage in the end for the old version I was running. The new features are cool, but I don't know if I will continue this long journey if I have to re-invest every year for basic usage.

5. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @KeithS2 , yes there are pricing variations between Permanent license and standard subscription. Please visit our website to know about the pricing variations.

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MikeW1 , if you purchase a permanent license you will not be able to do a free upgrade to a next version however you can use the software as long as your Mac Os version is compatible to work with it. When it comes to Pro subscriptions, you can upgrade to the next versions for free as you are paying it on an yearly basis.