Unable to go into Coherence Mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EuricoC, Feb 27, 2014.

1. EuricoC

EuricoC Bit poster

I have Parallels 9, latest build on a mbp 15" retina Mac OSX Mavericks, which is also updated with the latest and greatest, running a vm with windows 8.1 guest.

For sometime now, I have been unable to switch to Coherence mode. When I try to do so, parallels goes into a mode that shows a black screen blinking alternating between the black screen and my desktop (both when I'm just using my laptop display, or when using an additional connected display). I then have to press crtl+alt to get back control of my mouse, and go to the parallels menu in the toolbar and select Exit Coherence, which gives me back Parallels in a window, but then mouse and keyboard in the VM do not work. I have to reinstall parallels tools for it work again. I have tried uninstalling tools and reinstalling it a couple of times, but this keep occurring.

Now, starting today, it started to have another behavior: When I try to change to coherence, it started to crash my mac and restarting it.

Has any one seen this problem and is there a resolution for it?

Thanks in advance,
    Eurico

2. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

3. EuricoC

EuricoC Bit poster

Manoj,

This is not my problem at all. Maybe I was not clear enough in my description and omitted details. I'm able to start Windows without a problem, just not in coherence mode. It's when I'm in my windows vm, fully started, and I try to change to coherence mode by going to View\Enter Coherence, that I see the problem I described.

Thanks,
    Eurico

4. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support