Transferring Parallels and Windows data to a new user profile on Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by ToddK2, Apr 27, 2018.

1. ToddK2

ToddK2 Bit poster

Greetings.

I had some issues with my Mac software (Notes) and Apple Care and I could not resolve the issue. We created a new user profile and the app worked in that user profile. I have transferred my existing older user profile data (photos, music) to the new user. I need to understand how to transfer the Parallels and Windows stuff to the new user so I can delete the old user and recover that space on my hard drive. My first question is, how do I get everything over to the new user profile and my second question is it possible to put all that Parallels and Windows data on an external hard drive and have that user recognize it from the external hard drive?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and offering suggestions.

Todd

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi ToddK2,
    You have contacted phone support regarding this and our technician guided you to move the .pvm file to new User Folder. You can refer to this article for running virtual machine from an external drive but Parallels Desktop needs to be installed in an internal hard drive.