The operation could not be completed due to a timeout. Problem ID: 15

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RobertP1, Aug 22, 2015.

1. RobertP1

RobertP1 Bit poster

Running Parallels 10 for mac for several months now with windows 8.1 then upgraded to windows 10 no problems at all, then
    suddenly upgrade to Parallels 11 bang problems with timeout Problem ID:15 boy this is a pain now why did I do it waste of
    money when desktop 10 was running fine, will this issue get resolved

2. Hi Robert, did you try this KB?

3. JasonNZ

JasonNZ Bit poster

I'm over this PD11 bulls$!t, I'm sorry but this is the worst version of parallels I have ever installed.
    I reported this same issue when I was running OSX Yosemite, then I installed the update for Parallels Version 11.0.2 (31348) and the timeout error was fixed.. yay, then I upgraded to OSX El Capitan and the damn timeout is back.

I can't go to settings in any VM, all I get is a greyed out settings windows which cannot be closed without forcing Parallels to close. I report the timeout errors which happens every damn time I try to open a VM now, the suggested fix does absolutely nothing, seems like the dumbest solution anyway? I can access www.parallels.com fine on boot, (really blame my ISP WTF).

For god sake get these bugs fixed! You have the error reports... really the reports are not telling you what is happening?!

Really fed up with PD11, as far as I can see there are no benefits at all and you have my money, do your job and fix the bugs!

Jason

4. JasonNZ

JasonNZ Bit poster

Where do i ask for my money back on PD11, its a real dog.. I get the timeout issues still with PD11, tried the last two builds, same issue. I go back to PD10 and it works, not the best but certainly better, Ive had enough.

I also installed the latest El Capitan still doesn't help with this issue, really over it.

5. I understand your concern, could you please generate the problem report and we will be able to continue investigation.
    Please use this KB in order to create the report.
    Do not forget to reply is back with report 8 digit ID

6. SimoneR1

SimoneR1 Bit poster

Hi Jason, did you solve it? I have the same problem with PD12 on Sierra

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @SimoneR1, we hope this article will help you in resolving this issue.

8. SimoneR1

SimoneR1 Bit poster

Hi Paul, thank you, but that article has nothing to do with my issue.
    I already contacted the support team for a solution. They invite me to schedule a remote session in the next 3 days.
    Thanks,
    Simone.

9. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

You're welcome! @SimoneR1, we've received a support request and we are able to help you over a remote session.

10. StephanieG2

StephanieG2 Bit poster

I have the exact same came into work today and it just will not start coming up wit hthe same error.

11. Hi StephanieG2. Please provide the macOS and the Parallels Desktop version.