Takes forever to open...if it ever does.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LisaA1, Nov 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LisaA1

LisaA1 Bit poster

I have 2 identical Mac Minis (2015) running Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac. We use this program only for the occasional use of QuickBooks. The only difference between the two machines is one is running QB Pro 2013 and the other is running a newer version of QB Non-Profit/International (can't recall the details). The one using 2013 QB is only used for reference since we changed to an online accounting software in 2016 so thats just our archived records. The other is used periodically to print reports or check transactions--we use the program overseas so we bring back the data file to our home office to review but only 5-6 times a year. The one running the newer QB opens quickly and works great. The other can take anywhere from 5 minutes to never to open, crashing multiple times along the way. You can't be doing anything else on the computer or it will make it worse. It gets hung up and stops, must use force quit or just restart the whole computer. Today I spent 2 hours and never got it open. I only need it a few times a year, but it should not be this difficult. These two computers only have application files and a few data files--we keep all our documents on a central server so the hard drives are not full. I realize they don't have tons of RAM, but I usually try to close everything else before I try to open Parallels, Windows, & QB and I still have issues. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @LisaA1, please shut down the virtual machine and go to it's VM configuration settings, Hardware -> USB & Bluetooth ->Advanced settings -> untick " Enable USB 3.0" and check out the virtual machine performance.