Subscription price change - $64.95AUD to $77.45AUD

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JP_3, Sep 11, 2017.

1. JP_3

JP_3 Bit poster

Hi,
    I am a subscriber to Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition. I have been since it's inception. The cost to switch from the non-subscription to subscription was $64.95AUD. The following year the subscription was renewed for the same price $64.95AUD. The price for my renewal this year is showing as $77.45AUD.

Could someone from Parallels please advise what is going on here. We were assured by Parallels that the price we signed up for initially would not change.

cheers
    James

2. JP_3

JP_3 Bit poster

Nudge...Is there an email support option?

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We really understand that but can you check and confirm if you can see VAT added to normal upgrade price. You can create an email support request using this form.

4. JP_3

JP_3 Bit poster

Hi Ajith,
    Here is a screenshot of what is shown to me via the Parallels website. You will know from my account details that I am based in Australia (the currency AUD also gives it away). As Parallels support you should be able to see my previous purchases and the prices I paid. The invoices provided for the previous years state a price of $64.95AUD with no VAT specified. Why then would the price in the screenshot below include VAT?

upload_2017-9-19_16-25-39.png

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

New set of regulations for GST (Goods and Services Tax) in Australia that took effect on July 1. These regulations directly impact suppliers of electronic services selling to consumers located in Australia.
    Cleverbridge who is our payment partner is headquartered in Germany. Previously, all transactions with Australian consumers through the platform excluded any GST in the prices because Australian legislation did not tax electronic services from sellers located outside Australia. The new regulation determines tax obligation based on the location of the consumer which means that starting July 1, electronic services to Australian consumers are subject to Australian GST of 10%. This is the reason for change in price.

6. JP_3

JP_3 Bit poster

Hi Ajith,
    Thanks for the info, that starts to clarify it.
    What is 10% of 64.95? It's 6.495. Whats 64.95 + 6.495? It's 71.445
    So please correct me if my math is wrong but it looks like the price has increased greater than the 10% GST. Could you please explain the price change?

I wouldn't normally make such a big deal about a $6 dollar difference but my experiences with Parallels have not been positive.

7. JP_3

JP_3 Bit poster

Ajith? Any response?

8. VincentD1

VincentD1 Bit poster

Hi jp-3 I checked my invoice and I got charged $71.45 ie 10% gst above the advertised price. So much that all prices advertised must include gst in Australia

9. JP_3

JP_3 Bit poster

Thanks Vincent :)
    It is sad that Parallels support was not able to answer this! I didn't renew my subscription and switched to VirtualBox.