Silly question?

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by Chris16, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Chris16

Chris16 Bit poster

So some of the Parallels Toolbox tools are cool - Download Video, and maybe Convert Video as two examples - but I don't really understand why most of the others exist. macOS can already archive/unarchive zip files directly in Finder, and we have the popular Unarchiver for other formats. macOS comes with Grab for screenshots, and you can lock macs with a keyboard shortcut/screen zone.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is the Parallels Toolbox archiver compression better than the built-in compression? That sort of thing? Or maybe it's just nice having everything in one place? That's probably it. Just checking to see if I'm missing something here. Not complaining!

EDIT: I may have answered my own question, after reading the top post in this forum that says:

Parallels Toolbox is a collection of essential tools that you're sure to find useful as you work with your Mac. Toolbox provides quick access to many common functions that are either hidden, require hard-to-remember keyboard shortcuts, or are otherwise not available.

So it's that simple. Thanks!

alev likes this.
  2. Hey, yes, you're right. Parallels Toolbox gives you an opportunity to use some known Mac's and other features and do it quickly.
    It's much simple to use this option instead of keyboard shortcuts for example.