Resolution Issues with new MAcBookpro and Parallels 12

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ZoranP1, Dec 12, 2016.

1. ZoranP1

ZoranP1 Bit poster

Hi there,

i have the new Macbook Pro, and Parallels Desktop 12 , with windows 10, i have a issue is driving me crazy, the Retina resolution is just fine , but im not able to change the Size of text and Icons on my Desktop under Windows , so i have a 3336 x 2100 Resolution but a 350% Text Size , in the end it looks like a 1024 resolution, sharp like hell but just to big sizes !

If io change the Harware / Option from Retina to Rescale , im able to cahnge this, but have with every restart i have to adjust my Resolution , Attached a picture, have countless Times try to sign off and sign in, but no changes

any Ideas ??

Attached Files:

2. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Plz follow the steps outlined in this article & change the resolution settings of the virtual machine to "Keep Ratio" (VM configuration > Hardware > Options> Full Screen)

3. BenM1

BenM1 Bit poster

This isn't a good solution. Doing the steps on that link made the resolution on my MBP poor. My set up is I have an external monitor and my MBP. If I follow the steps, the external monitor looks fine but the MBP is nowhere near as sharp as it used to be and is when I have it on Best for Retina. So far PD12 is an awful upgrade. I can't believe I paid to upgrade to an inferior product. With PD11, Best for Retina meant by MBP was as sharp as it could be and my external monitor kept its text sized settings.
    Strongly considering downgrading to PD11 and demanding a refund!

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi BenM1, could you try to switch from "Scaled" into "Best for external displays" and let us know how it works.