Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by PaolaB, Feb 21, 2017.

1. PaolaB

PaolaB Bit poster

Hi
    I am using parallels desktop 12 on a MacBook Pro laptop and I need to remotely connect to my Desktop IMac where I have Parallels Dektop 9. On both virtual boxes I have Windows 7 OS where I run ArcGis Desktop (10.). I usually remote connect my laptop to my desktop (from home) using vnc service in MacOs and then use the virtual box. I tried to remotely connect using the Windows OS but I couldn't do it. Is it possible to remotely connect the two windows side of my computers? I am asking because the vnc connection is very slow while I hope the windows could be faster, I actually remotely connecyt to a windows machine and the connection is faster.
    thanks
    pb

2. PaolaB

PaolaB Bit poster

nope :-(. Yesterday I found an IP window in Preferences/Advanced/Network which I was planning to investigate later on, but I haven't done it yet. Have you any clues?
    cheers
    p

3. jpc

jpc Pro

@PaolaB Please note that this is the Parallels Client for iOS forum. On Windows 7 Pro and Enterprise, you can use RDP to connect directly to virtual box. On the iOS side, you can use "Parallels Client". However, if you are using a Windows 7 Home OS, then RDP is not an option. In that case you may want to trial Parallels Access for this (there is an iOS and a Web-based client).