problems with interacting with external HD

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ThomasB8, Dec 8, 2016.

1. ThomasB8

ThomasB8 Bit poster

I am having trouble running PaperIn Browser by Arpa wich receives the underlying data from an external USB drive. The USB drive is assigned to the virtual machine which runs Windows 10 and is also starting successfully. After a couple of operation (like page flips in the PaperInbrowser) it suddenly crashes.

The original setup on my windows 10 desktop runs stable. I checked the Kaspersky Internet Security 2017 within the VM whether that would be the reason - no!

I followed the Parallels recommendation (e.g, deactivating Mac influence in VM options).
    So far nothing really worked for an extended time... do you have any advice what to do.
    Thanks in advance

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Thomas, please check with a different USB drive and check . If the issue still persists, please help us with the screenshots, we will check and assist you further.
    Thanks
    Arun.

3. ThomasB8

ThomasB8 Bit poster

Thanks Arun,
    but Parallels already tried everything (including a remote desktop intervention). All other HDs run well - it is just this PaperIn Browser application by Arpa that is repeatedly accessing the encrypted (!) HD- that is crashing :-(( might be due to an internal delay caused by the encryption?

Thanks again
    Thomas

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Were you referring to running PaperIn Browser on a Windows PC?

5. ThomasB8

ThomasB8 Bit poster

I have an extra Windows PC Desktop running the application ... the application also works on VMware 8.5 without crashing?!

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Please take a snapshot of Windows (see http://kb.parallels.com/5691 for details) and then, just so we can isolate the cause of the issue, remove all antivirus programs within Windows completely. Additional, please disable any firewall/VPN in Windows. Check if this makes any difference.