Printing problems using the emf as well as the pdf-engine

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by lurchi007, Mar 16, 2009.

1. lurchi007

lurchi007 Guest

Hi!
    We have got huge problems using 2X Application Client printing to a local device.

local client: version 6.2 (build 528) on Windows XP Prof SP 2

Using the emf engine:
    * local target is FreePDF XP ==> everything works fine
    * local target is HP LJ 4050 ==> scaling error - last digit is cut
    [​IMG]

Using the pdf engine and the LJ as local target
    [​IMG]

Has anyone any hints solving this problem?

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi there,

I suggest you contact support, as they can help you more with this issue.

Nixu

3. Sergei

Sergei Guest

Hi,
    Try using EMF or BMP printing. It should solve the issue.

4. lurchi007

lurchi007 Guest

the first one is emf (with incomplete last digit)

bmp is too big vor WAN connection

5. zippo

zippo Pro

you should contact support and send the emf files generated on the server.

6. lurchi007

lurchi007 Guest

Where does the 2X-Client put the EMF-files temporarily on the local client before sending them to the printer?

7. zippo

zippo Pro

On the client they are stored at
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\2XPDFStore

Here only the pdfs are stored, on the server you can find the emf, bmp, or pdf.

Please contact support for more information.
    From my experience emf is the best solution (speed and results)
    PDF often has rendering problems
    BMP are also good but might give some performance issues since they are memory hungry.

8. Tom Haskell

Tom Haskell Guest

Hi zippo,
    Sorry to say but did you ever tried EMF printing?
    Which document did you try to print? Notepad or something?
    Notepad docs are pretty fast to print.
    But, if you print some web files and some microsoft office files (I am not talking about thousands of pages, try only a page(1 page)) and see the response, you will be sitting there forever(about 4-5 mins per page).
    I don't want to send each and every printing traffic to 2X ApplicationServer Server. So, 2X really needs to take care of this universal printing stuff.

Regards,
    Tom

9. zippo

zippo Pro

What is you client version, this was improved recently and yes I do all my printing using emf

10. Tom Haskell

Tom Haskell Guest

Hi,
    I don't know whether you print it with EMF or not, but honestly it is very unusual experience printing in EMF format->Response.
    PDF format is quite OK, but the problem is , fonts don't get embedded and I get this crappy fonts and boxes instead of fonts.
    Versions are all 6.2 (528).

Regards,
    Tom

11. zippo

zippo Pro

fonts which are not allowed to be embedded (legally) are not embedded.

12. royschrum

royschrum Guest

I am having the same issue.

The last part of numbers get cut off. It is not an HP driver issue, it happens on Brother, Samsung, and Canon. I have tried EMF, BMP, and PDF. I can get the problem to go away by changing the resolution to 2400 x 2400 but I can't get it to stay on this resolution. I have about 30 people on the server, most of whom are lucky to be able to turn a computer on, and to have them change the resolution all the time is VERY aggravating.

The other problem I am having is with the printing being shorter than what it should be. If you are printing on plain paper, you don't notice it. But this computer runs Quickbooks and Check printing with 2X is a nightmare. By the time it gets to the bottom of the page, the lines are almost a half an inch too high. This is with all formats as well. It also is happening on another server I manage with 2X on it. It makes printing labels impossible through 2X.

13. nixu

nixu Guest

Re: I am having the same issue.

I would suggest to test with EMF format and modify the Hardware margins from the client settings.

Nixu