Printer disappearing

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by MattC, Jul 26, 2011.

1. MattC

MattC Guest

Apologies in advance, this is my first experience with 2x software.

I have a user who launches via TSClient.exe - arguments

He is working away and when he selects print, the system locks up for maybe 5-10 minutes. It then shows the printer dialogue box with no printers available. He gets a message asking him to install a printer first. He then clicks OK to this message and cancel on the dialogue box. If he then comes out of the screen he was in, then goes back in and selects print, his printer is then available.

The server is logging multiple spoolsv.exe errors at the moment that seem to coincide with the problem.

EventID 26
    Application popup: spoolsv.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x7c81746e" referenced memory at "0x006e0070". The memory could not be "read".

EventID 33
    The PrintQueue Container could not be found because the DNS Domain name could not be retrieved. Error: 6d3

And this in the app log

EventID 1000
    Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module ole32.dll, version 5.2.3790.3959, fault address 0x00050c03.

I am new to the company and have been told that a restart of the server usually 'fixes' the problem for a couple of months and then comes back. I would like to get a more permanent resolution to this problem if possible rather than three finger saluting the server every quarter.

Version Info
    2xConsole, Version 6.0 Build 419
    2xProxyGateway, Version 6.0 Build 419
    2xController, Version 6.0 Build 419
    2xAgent, Version 6.0 Build 419
    2xRedundancy, Version 6.0 Build 419
    2xPrinterRedirector, Version 6.0 Build 419
    memshell.exe, Version 6.0 Build 419
    ssleay32.dll, Version 0.9.8
    libeay32.dll, Version 0.9.8
    winhhtp.dll, Version 5.2.3790.4584 (srv03_sp2_qfe.090904-1300)

I was considering using cleanspl.exe from the Windows Resource Kit to clean the spooler for old legacy drivers, but I'd rather do this as a last resort rather than a first step as it will clean the spooler for all users. Upgrading to the latest version isn't an option at the moment as we are going through a survey of everything worldwide and upgrades cannot happen right now.

Thanks

Matt

2. MattC

MattC Guest

Hi

We don't have a test environment at the moment, so I cannot answer your question about version 10 and we are not in a position to upgrade at the moment.

How do I check if the license includes the Universal Printing?

I didn't do the original install, but I will check the manuals and compare the configurations.

Regards

Matt