Personal vs Corporate Subscription Issue

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by CobecC, May 3, 2017.

1. CobecC

CobecC Bit poster

Hello,
    My company purchased a couple P11 Pro for Mac a year or so ago. they are still active, but when they were purchased, they were assigned to a specific user's email account. I have since converted that account to a business account, but the keys are still under it as a personal key. I want to be able to add users to the corporate account and assign licenses to specific people instead of giving out the login to the master account... How can I accomplish this?

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We understand that you have converted the account to a business account but the keys which are registered under the account are not business keys, those are Parallels Desktop Pro keys which are personal keys. If you wish to assign licenses to specific people, we suggest you to buy a business key with multiple hosts.

3. CobecC

CobecC Bit poster

I am not going to purchase new licenses just to have this ability.
    Can these keys be upgraded/converted to business keys? The pricing is the same.
    At the very least, can I move one of the personal licenses out of this business account and put it under it's own so it has a separate login?

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @CobecC , unfortunately we will not be able to convert standard or pro version key to Business keys. However, we can move one particular license from one account to another account.

5. BillR5

BillR5 Bit poster

This is frustrating and creates a very poor customer experience. Your licensing and product version scheme is confusing. I was hoping to do the very same thing CobecC requested above because it seems like a very logical/reasonable request and upgrade path, but I can see you're unwilling to accommodate his request to convert the key to a business key. That's extremely disappointing. As indicated above, the pricing is the same, and if the intent was not for "personal" use but really for business, why in the world should one need to purchase a new license to have this flexibility? The subscription automatically renewed the license, but I'm wondering if the best course of action is to uncheck the auto renewal and then buy the appropriate license AFTER the personal one expires? Again, this is a very clumsy experience.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi BillR5,
    If we have an option of converting license, we will be glad to do but unfortunately, we do not have any such options. Even if the pricing is the same as the business subscription, each key is designed with its own limitation. If you are within the refund policy, you can get a refund for Pro and purchase the Business license. We understand the request of using the business subscription for business purpose. If you are going to use less than five computers then you can use Standard licenses and during the purchase, you can mention it is for a business use and there is no issue in it.