Path for photo, video and screenshot storage locations

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by TimL1, Oct 28, 2016.

1. TimL1

TimL1 Bit poster

The Take Screenshots feature is a nice tool, but it could use a bit more in the way of features to make it great.
    When I use this feature, I typically take several screen shots at a time, of different screens or data. Having the ability to specify the file name as part of the creation of the file would be hugely valuable. Right now, as much as I want to use this tool, I need to revert back to Snagit or similar which offers that functionality.
    It would be also ideal to have the option to not output the screen captures to the desktop - either a user-configurable folder location or a per-screenshot location option would work better than just dumping to the desktop.
    Keep up the great work!

ZachiK, ThomasH8, BC_ and 7 others like this.
  2. YehudaI

YehudaI Bit poster

The problem with the screenshots capture feature of Mac OS is that it uses the high quality but heavy in weight PNG. It would be useful to get the screenshots in JPG to save space, and even more useful to put them in a designated folder such as "Screenshots" inside the desktop, and not floating around all over the desktop.

3. GaryA2

GaryA2 Bit poster

Toolbox should show where photos, video and screenshots are stored and also allow them to be indivdually set to the location one chooses.

4. MartinU1

MartinU1 Bit poster

I vote for custom location of captured screenshot/videos.

5. MaurilioF

MaurilioF Bit poster

Specify a specific folder to save videos and convert videos

6. JohnF8

JohnF8 Bit poster

On my laptop, my download folder is my desktop. All programs download files to my desktop (because that's what I decided in my system preferences). I'd like to keep it that way. But PT sends all the downloads to the 'download' folder inside my user folder. Why can't PT send downloads to the desktop (the folder of my choosing), like all other programs?

7. ScottK4

ScottK4 Bit poster

When doing a screen/area/window capture or record, the default "save" location is the desktop. This can get VERY messy if you are capturing several images. Can you create a option to change the "default" location? I don't know that a nag every capture would be helpful (that would be painful), but allow the change to be made in the tool settings. This way, you can change the save location before each use. Even have it default to desktop every time the tool is opened so you don' have to remember to change it or search for the images later - but still have the option to change it for each "session".

Thank you!

Isaac2 likes this.
  8. JayM3

JayM3 Bit poster

You need to have a preference to configure the save location for the various capture tools. One preference for all would be ok. Better would be individual preferences for each tool.

9. BrandonJ1

BrandonJ1 Bit poster

Please.

10. Karthik@Parallels

Karthik@Parallels Member

Hi. Please create a report ID and post the number here so that we can check your feature request further.

11. BrandonJ1

BrandonJ1 Bit poster

12. Isaac2

Isaac2 Bit poster

Often i find this a bit a nnoying, i'm a DJ and play my sets at work with videos, so most of the time i'm downloading videos from websites and the tool for video download it's an awesome tool to make this actions, but often i find it annoying and ask myself "Why Parallels hasn't come with an option to select a destination folder for your video downloads and like that the videos won't get mix with all the other files someone downloads (such as .dmg, images, etc)?"
    I hope you guys can make it possible as it's something probably not just i thought of!

Ps: This is not as important for me but maybe to update an option to select 4K, 2K and 60fps video quality would be nice, but my main concern is the destination folder!

Thanks for the nice work guys! YOU ROCK!
    -Isaac R.

13. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Ability to change destinations for screenshots, recorded and downloaded videos, etc, was added in Toolbox 2.0 -- check out new Preferences dialog in the app!

14. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

You need to have a preference to configure the save location for the various capture tools. One preference for all would be ok. Better would be individual preferences for each tool.

15. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

Now all tools that create files as the output, have their save location in the individual preferences for each tool!
    Screen Shot 2019-10-07 at 8.24.41 PM.png